- How long does the ceremony last?
- Is there a reception afterward?
- How many guests can I bring?
- Is there reserved seating?
- What about handicapped access?
- How does a graduating student get the cap and gown?
- Is there a charge for cap and gown?
- Will I get my diploma on Commencement day?
- How do I get my diploma if I don't attend?
- Where will my diploma be sent?
- Who can I contact if I need more information?
Commencement will be held on Saturday, May 14.
The ceremony lasts approximately 2 hours.
A reception will be held in Bouck Ballroom immediately following the ceremony. Graduates and their guests are cordially invited to join faculty and staff for this occasion.
An outdoor ceremony does not require tickets so your guests are not limited. For an indoor ceremony, each student who confirms their participation will receive three tickets.
There is no reserved seating for guests. It is recommended that guests arrive early.
If you need accommodations during the commencement ceremony due to physical disability, please contact the Office of Campus Events and Conferences at (518) 255-5690 or email us by May 1. If you do not let us know what you need by May 1, we will not be able to accommodate you on the day of commencement.
Graduation regalia will be available to purchase in the Campus Bookstore beginning on April 5, 2016. No need to pre-order. Regalia will be available until May 14.
Yes. Students can purchase regalia at the Campus Bookstore.
Diplomas will not be distributed at Commencement. They will be mailed to each graduate's address listed on their graduation application, approximately two months after certification by the faculty that all graduation requirements have been met.
Your diploma will be mailed to your address listed on your graduation application, approximately two months after certification by the faculty that all graduation requirements have been met.
The Office of Campus Events and Conferences
Knapp Hall, Room 200
(518) 255-5690 or email us.