Information for May 2013 Commencement Guests
*Please read the following information carefully. If you have a question or concern, contact the Office of Campus Events and Conferences at 518-255-5690 or by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11 AM Saturday, May 11, 2013
- The Commencement Ceremony will be held indoors this year, in Bouck Hall Gym.
- There will be designated handicap parking spaces in Knapp Circle. Cars must be parked in any student, faculty or other designated lots.
- You can find the campus map at http://www.cobleskill.edu/about/print.asp
- Each confirmed Commencement candidate will be given three (3) tickets.
- Tickets are required only if the ceremony is held inside in Bouck Gymnasium. Doors will open at 10:00 a.m. Please arrive with tickets in hand in order to be seated.
- Guests without tickets may watch the Commencement ceremony via telecast in Bouck Auditorium.
- There are no reserved seats. Please have your tickets ready when you arrive.
- Please remain standing during and after the National Anthem.
- Once the ceremony is concluded, please remain standing at your seats until the end of the recessional. Moving toward the graduates before this causes congestion and detracts from the dignity of the occasion.
- A reception will be held in Bouck Ballroom immediately following the ceremony. Graduates and their guests are cordially invited to join faculty and staff for this occasion.
Accommodations for Individuals with Disabilities
- Seating will be available for those who use wheelchairs or need special accommodations. If you need accommodations during the Commencement ceremony due to physical disability, please contact the Office of Campus Events and Conferences at 518-255-5690 or by e-mail, email@example.com by May 1. If you do not let us know what you need by May 1, we will not be able to accommodate you on the day of Commencement.
Gifts and Keepsakes
- The College Store, located in Bouck Hall, will be open in case our guests want to purchase gifts, souvenirs, and even last-minute items such as batteries for your camera.
- Guests are welcome to bring cameras to take pictures. We do ask that those taking pictures do so within the designated photo area.
- Your attendance at the event constitutes an agreement to the College's use and distribution (now and in the future) of your image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, or audiotapes. Concerns about this policy should be directed to the Office of College Advancement at 518-255-5690.
***We are very proud of our graduates' accomplishments. We look forward to meeting our graduates' families and friends on this very special day! It is the goal of the Office of Campus Events and Conferences and the entire SUNY Cobleskill community to make Commencement a smooth and memorable experience for our graduates. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.