Schedule and Instructions
- There is NO rehearsal.
- Candidates will line up for the processional outside of Bouck Hall no later than 10:15 a.m. on commencement day. Please be prompt.
- Assemble in full regalia. The tassel is worn on the right side of the cap until Dr. Terenzio confers the degrees.
- Faculty Marshals will assist with formation of the processional.
- The processional will begin promptly at 11:00 a.m.
- The entire processional party will walk two-by-two and follow the Grand Marshall.
- You must bring your name card with you to the commencement ceremony so that you can be introduced as you walk across the stage.
- Commencement is a formal academic ceremony. All candidates should dress appropriately and wear proper academic attire. Please no high heels, the ground is still very soft. Individuals should respect this special event that is also for their fellow candidates and guests, so proper conduct and decorum is expected.
- Male candidates should remove their caps during the playing of the National Anthem.
- At the proper time during the ceremony, a Marshal will direct you to the stairs at the side of the stage.
- You will give your name card to the announcer, who will then read your name.
- Wait until your name has been read before continuing - there is no need to run.
- Cross the stage, at the center shake hands with Dr. Terenzio and accept a diploma folder.
- Exit the stage using the opposite stairs, receiving your alumni pin from the Alumni Association and return to your seat.
- The recessional party will be led out by the Grand Marshal. The dignitaries on the stage leave first, followed by the faculty and staff, and the graduates.
- A reception will be held in Bouck Ballroom immediately following the ceremony. Graduates and their guests are cordially invited to join faculty and staff for this occasion.
- Please take a few moments to say goodbye to friends and faculty and to introduce your guest to these people.