Culinary Arts Student Learning Outcomes
A.O.S. Degree Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate proficiency in classic and contemporary culinary techniques and cooking methods described in the competencies of the American Culinary Federation.
- Recognize the different culinary techniques and foods served in American and international cuisines.
- Understands nutrition, food safety, and cost control techniques and their importance in menu planning and successful food services.
- Understands dining room service options and fundamentals of wine and beverage management.
- Explain how to keep a business profitable through studies in marketing, computers, management, communications and finance.
B.B.A. Student Learning Outcomes
- Competence with the above A.O.S. degree student learning outcomes.
- Compute financial costs/analysis and interpret basic financial records used in the food service industry.
- Understand the management tools needed for efficient and effective food production.
- Explore the importance of the menu matching the facilities and equipment available.
- Demonstrate the managerial and technical skills needed for successful employment in the food service industry.