Agricultural Science (A.A.S.)
The Agricultural Science curriculum is designed to prepare students who plan to continue their studies for a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture. This curriculum provides an opportunity for students to combine the technical courses of Agricultural Science with an increased emphasis in science and mathematics.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Acquire a working knowledge of business management principles as they apply in the agricultural arena that will translate into vital competencies for careers in agribusiness.
- Recognize the scope of the entire agricultural business system and the function of enterprises within the system.
- Demonstrate basic competencies in written communication, oral communication, computer operation and problem solving.
- Express capabilities of time management, organization, teamwork, and continuous learning critical for success in the workplace.
- Students will understand the theoretical economic framework and real-world markets in which all agribusinesses operate.