Diesel Technology (A.A.S.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge and a proficiency of skill using equipment while working within the following topics outlined by AED standards:
- Safety concerns and administrative structure of the workplace
- Electronic/electrical systems
- Hydraulic/hydrostatic systems
- Power trains
- Diesel engines
- Air conditioning/heating
- Understand the principles of operation of various equipment systems along with advanced technology applications using GPS technology and integrated grade control.
- Work effectively in an equipment dealership by knowing the functions and procedures of service, sales and parts departments.
- Adapt to the needs of the employers who need people that can think critically, manage their time effectively, communicate confidently, problem solve u sing logic and/or mathematical reasoning, and appreciate the diversity of their surroundings including customers, co-workers, and the environment.