Turfgrass Management – Sports Turf (B.T.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Correctly explain sand based field construction process for United States Golf Association (USGA) and California type construction.
- Enumerate design features that enhance field playability and safety.
- Learn to identify major diseases, insects, weed species associated with turfgrass and develop programs to manage these pests.
- Explain and apply practices for successful establishment, and renovation of turfgrasses.
- Identify major diseases, insects, weed species associated with turfgrass and develop programs to manage these pests.
- Comprehend and apply the principles of cool season turfgrass fertilization including: selection of fertilizer materials, fertilizer rate calculation and timing of fertilizer applications. Explain effects of fertilization and correctly apply fertilizers
- Explain how cultural, biological and chemical methods can be combined to successfully manage turfgrass and landscape pests with minimal impact to non-target organisms.