Communication in Technology (B.S.)
Student Learning Outcomes
Students should have understanding of or competency with:
- Broadcasting and TV production concepts, strategies, and technology.
- The principles and technology of Web, graphic and print design.
- Communication as a dynamic and culturally interactive process with social, cognitive, and rhetorical dimensions.
- Mass communication phenomena, their relationship to popular culture, and the role of technology in the information age.
- The practice, process, and ethics of contemporary journalism, as well as an understanding of the news media landscape.
- The contemporary, historical, social and political contexts of mass media.
- Different goals and modes of oral presentation and the ability to competently express ideals.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and expression in oral, written, and visual modes.
- Demonstrate competence in vocabulary, concepts, and issues in the mass media, as well as an understanding of the interplay between media and culture.
- Demonstrate conceptual development and oral presentation in various rhetorical and expository modes.
- Demonstrate applied skill sets in areas of graphic and Web design and television production.
- Demonstrate competence in solving problems of graphic design and composition using distinct forms of visual media and production modes.
- Exhibit professionalism as well as a universal and advanced set of communication skills that are consonant with the contemporary communication workplace.