There is a national shortage of trained histotechnicians and there are job opportunities throughout New York and across the country.
What are my employment opportunities?
- The demand for trained histotechnicians exceeds the supply.
- Employment prospects are excellent.
- Employers have jobs in a variety of settings including hospital laboratories, private physician offices, medical or veterinary schools and pharmaceutical companies, among others.
- Starting salaries average $35,000-45,000 and increase with certification, state licensure, experience and/or additional education.
Benefit packages are excellent.
Relocation fees and/or sign-on bonuses may be offered.
What future career options are available with histotechnology training?
- Pathologist Assistant
- Immunohistochemistry specialist
- Molecular Pathology
- Forensic Medicine
- Medical or Veterinary School