How to Apply for Financial Aid
SUNY Cobleskill Financial Aid School Codes
3015 – Associate
6015 – Bachelor
Applying for Federal Aid
- Get your PIN: You can apply for your PIN at any time at www.pin.ed.gov. Before you fill out the FAFSA, you should apply for a US Department of Education Personal Identification Number (PIN). For dependent students, both the student and one of the parents MUST apply for a PIN. Your PIN will allow you to sign your FAFSA electronically.
- Apply for Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA). The quickest way to apply is online using the FAFSA on the Web at www.fafsa.ed.gov after January 1st.
- A paper application is also available. You can obtain one by contacting the Federal Student Aid Processor at 1-800-433-3243.
- Once your application is submitted and processed you will receive an email with a link to your Student Aid Report (SAR) or if you submitted a paper application you will receive your SAR by mail. It is important to make sure all information is correct. Make any necessary corrections or updates.
- In order to be considered for campus based aid from Cobleskill, a student must be accepted by the college, and the FAFSA must be received by the FAFSA processor by February 15th.
Applying for TAP: (For New York State Residents Only)
New York State Higher Education Services Corporation
From the confirmation page of the online FAFSA application, select the link that says “File your TAP Application Now”. Complete and submit the application. Your FAFSA PIN(s) will act as your signature(s)
If you do not fill out the TAP application from the FAFSA you will receive an email referring you to the TAP on The Web application, go to the link provided and create a user ID and PIN. Complete and submit the application. (Parents are not required to establish a TAP User ID or PIN) *Completing your application online is the fastest way to submit your TAP application.
Once your application has been processed you will receive a TAP/State Scholarship Award Notice and/or another TAP application. You do not have to send this second application back unless a correction needs to be made.
HESC manages the New York State Tuition Assistance Program. Information from your FAFSA and your family’s calculated NYS Net Taxable income will be preprinted on your application.
Once your application has been processed you will receive a TAP/State Scholarship Award Notice. If additional information is needed to process your TAP award, you will receive a Request for Information from HESC. Be sure to respond to this request for the information as soon as possible.