About SUNY Cobleskill
At the State University of New York (SUNY) at Cobleskill, individual attention to student success is the highest priority. SUNY Cobleskill has nationally recognized programs and dedicated faculty who engage in scholarship and involve students in their research activities. Expert faculty and staff focus on integrating classroom instruction with strong internship and field experiences. Because the campus academic offerings incorporate theory, technology and practice, SUNY Cobleskill demonstrates that real life and real learning are central to a successful college education.
SUNY Cobleskill is a safe campus surrounded by mountains, clean water and fresh air in upstate New York. The College is located 35 minutes from Albany, New York's capital city, and is only a few hours from New York City, Boston and Montreal. Bus transportation at the College enhances the academic experience for students by providing opportunities to visit big cities.
At SUNY Cobleskill, incoming international students will join other students from Asia, the Middle East, Central Europe, North America and other locations to become members of a friendly college community. To help international students succeed in their undergraduate experience, the Office of International Education provides guidance and support in all matters.
- SUNY Cobleskill is ranked among the best regional colleges in the north by U.S. News and World Report.
- The college is listed among the Princeton Review's 286 greenest colleges.
- The campus has been named to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for three years in a row.
- SUNY Cobleskill has been a member of the U.S. Green Building Council, a non-profit organization dedicated to sustainable building design and construction since 2008.
- The College is low in cost compared to many public and private U.S. universities.
- The campus provides hands-on applied education programs that lead to successful employment upon graduation.
- SUNY Cobleskill provides internships for most bachelor degree programs.
- The College offers dual diploma/joint programs in China, Turkey and South Korea.
- The College offers English language support and tutoring in academic courses at no additional cost.
- The institution has a diverse and active international student population.
- The campus offers small classes with strong faculty/student interaction.
- SUNY Cobleskill has award-winning faculty, such as Dr. Thomas Cronin and Dr. Michael Murphy who are Fulbright Scholars, Professor Jo Anne Cloughly who was voted Educator of the Year by Women's Chef & Restaurateurs, and Dr. Charles Moran who was named to Smart Money's Power Thirty in Finance.