Coby Classic XVI Show Calf Sale
October 19, 2013 | 3 pm | Cobleskill Fairgrounds
Welcome producers and beef industry supporters!
SUNY Cobleskill’s American Animal Producer Club’s 16th Annual Coby Classic Sale will be held Saturday, October 19, 2013, at 3 pm at the Cobleskill Fairgrounds. This year we are proud to announce that Jenn Schwab will serve as our sale chairman with Jillian Salzmann as co-chair. These students along with all of the other AAPC club members who help with this initiative are provided a chance to gain real world experience by organizing and facilitating this beef sale.
We are hoping for a large turnout this year as we expand our advertising options even with the rough economic times. Our hope is and has always been to get the best possible price for the sale of your animal. We, however, cannot have a sale without your support. As we improve the sale every year, we hope you will continue to support us by considering our invitation to consign one of your quality show animals. This year, our sale chairs have worked diligently to find top quality show cattle from several known breeders across the region. We look forward to working with you, whether you’re a new or returning consignor.
Thanks to you, 2011 sale was a great success. Our high sellers were as follows:
- KLR Primrose 0371, Angus heifer consigned by Trowbridge Angus, sold for $2,300
- Shorthorn Plus heifer consigned by Rock Cut Farm, sold for $2,000
- JKW 37R, Hereford heifer consigned by JKW Polled Herefords, sold for $1,650
- Simme Valley Yelena, Simmental heifer consigned by Simme Valley, sold for $1,600
- LMF Yellow Sapphire, Simmental heifer consigned by Ledge Knoll Farm, sold for $1,525
- LMF Yogurt Y67, Simmental heifer consigned by Ledge Knoll Farm, sold for $1,500
- Popeye, steer consigned by Elmside Farm, sold for $1,425
Please print and mail the consignment form by September 6, 2013. Late consignments will be accepted until October 1st but will risk not be included in the catalog. NO CONSIGNMENTS will be accepted after that date. The catalog will be mailed out upon request and will also be available online and via email.
Feel free to print out an advertising flyer. We will be doing our best to advertise but please assist us in spreading the word about the sale by requesting more flyers or informing us of potential advertising venues. We look forward to seeing you at the 16th Annual Coby Classic and working with you prior to the sale. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any suggestions you may have.
AAPC Sale Chair
AAPC Sale Co-Chair