Wellness Center Services
The Wellness Center provides the following:
Medical Services include:
- Treatment provided by Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurses, and Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries.
- HIV testing
- Sexually transmitted disease testing and treatment
- Contraceptive services
- Provision of annual gynecological examinations
- Treatment of strains and sprains
- Treatment of common illnesses such as cold and flu
- Healthy life style counseling
- Individual smoking cessation
- General physical examinations
- Alcohol/Drug assessments, consultations and referrals
- Treatment of mental health issues such as depression and anxiety
Mental Health Services include:
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of psychological illnesses.
- Short term counseling by Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Topics include but are not limited to:
- Self Injury
- Sexuality/ Sexual identity
- Relationship concerns
- Diversity issues
- Transition to adulthood
- Stress management
- Sexual Assault
- Alcohol and other drug assessments, consultations, and referrals
- Positive self image
- Coping skills
Health education services include:
- Promotion of healthy behaviors through a Peer Education model which promotes health enhancing change among students. Peer Educators are a diverse group of students who are trained to teach fellow students about pertinent health issues in a positive interactive and non-judgmental manner.
- Education on appropriate access to and utilization of physical and mental health care resources.
- Prevention of the spread of communicable diseases.
- Training for faculty, staff and student para-professionals on student health and development topics.
- Peer Education Application