Spring 2022 Plan // HEERF Student Aid Funds // COVID-19 Dashboard // Community COVID-19 Testing
Placeholder image

Carriage House Café and General Store

Who We Are

The Carriage House Café and General Store at SUNY Cobleskill brings members of the community and College together around locally-made and grown farm-fresh goods. A place for area farmers and businesses to feature homemade products, guests come from near and far to shop for produce, meats, dairy, dry goods, and more.

As a resource for the College, the Café and General Store moves to the forefront of educational initiatives enhancing SUNY Cobleskill’s ability to provide field training and experiential learning to students across disciplines. Share the joy of farm-fresh goodness with us in the historic setting of our re-imagined Carriage House.

126 Schoharie Parkway North, Cobleskill, NY • 518-255-5566


peppers and corn and tomatoes for sale

counter display of treats and coffee

When We're Open

Tuesday: 10 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Thursday: 10 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Friday: 10 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Saturday: 10 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Closed Sunday and Monday


Join Our Mailing List


What You'll Find Inside

We're proud that 90% of our inventory is either campus-made or locally produced in Schoharie County. The other 10% of items are New York State produced. Our Café and General Store includes:

Grocery Items

  • Seasonal Produce
  • Frozen Beef, Chicken and Pork
  • Variety of Goat Cheeses
  • Popcorn, Corn Chips, Potato Chips
  • Jams, Jellies, and Peanut Butter
  • Maple Products
  • Saranac Sodas
  • Saratoga Water
  • Battenkill Creamery Whole & Chocolate Milk
  • Variety of Breads and Muffins
  • Overnight Oatmeal

Sweet Treats

  • Battenkill Creamery Ice Cream Pints
  • Jane's Ice Cream by the Scoop
  • Variety of Fudge
  • Chocolate Pops
  • Baklava
  • Brownies
  • Lemon Bars
  • Single-serve Pies
  • Cinnamon Rolls
  • Cookies


Dry Goods & Sundries 

  • Health & Beauty Products
  • Greeting Cards, Note Cards & Post Cards
  • Club Apparel
  • Mums, Pumpkins & Gourds


  • Soups
  • Falafel
  • Thai Noodle Salad
  • Shepherd's Pie
  • Frittata
  • Spanakopita
  • Focaccia & Baguette Sandwiches


Local Partnerships



Featured Recipe & Seasonal Products

We're gathering ingredients in our culinary labs and cooking up something yummy.
Check back soon for our featured recipe, which will include ingredients available in the Carriage House for purchase.



Customer Feedback

We want to hear from you! Send us your comments with the form below.

History of the Carriage House


1890s carriage


Estimated to be built in the late 1800's as a part of a Victorian residence on East Main Street in the Village of Cobleskill. The building served as service and storage space for horse drawn carriages and buggies. It was originally located at the back of the property to distance the smell of the horses from the residence. Overtime, the carriage house was converted into a garage for a family car.


The property was sold and the new owners tore down the house to use the site for commercial purposes. The carriage house remained intact but suffered from lack of maintenance and minimal purpose.


The property was sold to a bank to use the site for a new branch. The old carriage house was targeted for demolition but there was public sentiment to save the century-old building. With the help of Cobleskill Restoration & Development Inc., the building was dismantled and relocated to the fairgrounds. Over a three year period, the residents of Cobleskill collected $12,000 through fundraising to restore the building.


Carriage house in 1986


SUNY Cobleskill, led by President Neal Robbins and the SUNY Board of Trustees, agreed to give the old carriage house a home on the Cobleskill campus. The building was restored with the help of local engineers, church volunteers, community residents, inmates from Camp Summit, and faculty members and maintenance staff of the College.

architect rendering of the renovated Carriage House


Nearly 150 years later, the old carriage house opened its doors again to serve the community of the campus and the Village of Cobleskill. In this new location it's purposed as a retail outlet to sell campus-produced items and products from local farmers/producers. The space will also be used to conduct retail pilots and market research on behalf of Farm & Food Incubator clients from the Institute for Rural Vitality.