Creating a Welcoming and Supportive Community
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to creating a community of practice that fosters the
exchange of ideas in a respectful and non-threatening way, and creates better understanding,
awareness, and opportunities to learn from each other.
We reject bigotry, hateful speech, oppression, harassment, bullying, and all forms
We believe in the inherent dignity of each person. We value fairness, civility, and
kindness. We listen to, encourage, and support each other. We seek to instill in
our faculty, staff and students a lifelong appreciation for the value of diversity,
equity, and inclusion so that we can create a better world.
Why Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Matters:
- SUNY Cobleskill may be the first opportunity for some faculty, staff, and students
to interact with people with diverse ideas and experiences.
- Faculty, staff, and student diversity adds intellectual and social vibrancy to our
college community and prepares students to thrive in a diverse and changing world.
- Dialogue between people with different perspectives, values, and backgrounds enhances
the appreciation of others, and encourages personal and professional growth.
- Successful performance in today’s workforce requires sensitivity to human differences,
and the ability to relate to people from different cultural backgrounds, and those
who hold different values and beliefs.
- Developing empathy and respect for the value and dignity of others is essential to
bringing an end to divisiveness and inequity.
Are you interested in becoming a part of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council?
DEIC Interest Form