Apply // HEERF // Careers at Cobleskill

Employee Assistance Program

If this is an urgent matter, please contact the 24-hour
NY State EAP helpline at 1-800-822-0244.


What is EAP?

The New York State Employee Assistance Program is a confidential assessment and referral service for New York State government employees and their family members who need assistance with personal problems or concerns that may be affecting their work performance or overall well being. EAP is a program designed to assist employees with numerous problems including but not limited to parent-child problems, financial concerns, elder care issues, alcohol and substance abuse, marital problems, depression/anxiety, stress, and more.

EAP Coordinator

Katrina Pearl

What to expect if I contact EAP?

The EAP Coordinator will speak with you about your questions or concerns and, if desired, a meeting will be scheduled to discuss the concern in more depth.

Except in very limited circumstances (such as you are about to harm yourself or others), everything you tell Cathy is completely confidential.

Part of this discussion will be sorting through what options are available to assist you and providing you with information about resources that provide services for the concern.

Neighbor EAP Referral Coordinators

If it is more comfortable or convenient for you to speak with neighboring EAP Referral Coordinators, please feel free to contact:

Melissa Nicosia, SUNY Oneonta
Reach Melissa at 607-436-2452 or email her at melissa.nicosia@oneonta.edu

Cathy Harris, SUNY Delhi
Reach Cathy at 607-746-4688 or email her at harriscc@delhi.edu

Brenda Seckerson, SUNY Albany
Reach Brenda at 518-442-5483 or email her at bseckerson@albany.edu

Useful Links


Hotline Phone Numbers

If this is an urgent referral matter, please contact the 24-hour NY State EAP helpline at 1-800-822-0244. 

Life Line is a local hotline which provides telephone counseling, suicide and sexual assault intervention, referral resources, etc.

LifeWorks is a service provided by NYS in conjunction with the employee unions. It is a free service which offers consultation around child and elder care issues. The service includes free materials such as booklets, audio recordings, and other resources. You may also want to visit their web site at http://www.lifeworks.com.

1-800-DRUG-HELP or 1-800-662-HELP
Both numbers provide information and referral regarding alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.

1-800-342-AIDS or 1-800-822-7422
The first number is the Center for Disease Control's National AIDS Hotline provides information about transmission of HIV, safe, sex, and referrals for counseling and testing; the second is Project Inform's HIV/AIDS Treatment Hotline.

This hotline is sponsored by the group Self Abuse Finally Ends (S.A.F.E.), and it provides information about self-injurious behavior.

The National Domestic Violence Hotline

Domestic Violence Animal Abuse Database
Find local county safe resources for your pet.