Commencement Day Schedule and Instructions
Parking & Shuttles
Only Accessible parking is available at the Field House for vehicles with valid permits
or license plates.
Shuttle Service will be provided to and from various campus parking lots. Map of shuttle stops provided here. Signage will be posted.
- There is NO rehearsal.
- Candidates will line up for the processional inside the Neal Robbins Field House no later than 10:15 a.m. on Commencement day. Please be prompt.
- Assemble in full regalia. The tassel is worn on the right side of the cap until President
Terenzio confers the degrees.
- Faculty Marshals and Commencement Volunteers will assist with formation of the processional.
- The processional will begin promptly at 11:00 a.m.
- The entire processional party will walk two-by-two and follow the Grand Marshall.
- Candidates will walk down the center aisle separating left and right filling in rows
of seats. Remain standing.
- You must bring your name card with you to the Commencement ceremony so that you can be introduced as you walk across
- Commencement is a formal academic ceremony. All candidates should dress appropriately
and wear proper academic attire. Individuals should respect this special event that
is also for their fellow candidates and guests, so proper conduct and decorum is expected.
- Caps should be removed during the playing of the National Anthem.
- At the proper time during the ceremony, a Marshal will direct you to the stairs at
the side of the stage.
- You will give your name card to announcer, who will then read your name.
- Wait until your name has been read before continuing - there is no need to run.
- Cross the stage, at the center shake hands with President Terenzio and accept your
- Exit the stage using the opposite stairs, receiving your alumni pin from the Alumni
Association and return to your seat.
The recessional party will be led out by the Grand Marshal. The dignitaries on the
stage leave first, followed by the faculty and staff, and the graduates.