SUNY Cobleskill's academic advising focuses on student success by engaging students
in the development of a plan to realize their career, educational, and academic goals.
Academic advisement is a partnership between advisors and students, each actively
engaged in this educational process, with the ultimate goal of student success, while
guided by the principle of "real life, real learning".
The Advisement Team is available to advise ALL students.
Role of Advisement Team:
- Interpret academic requirements and select appropriate courses
- Refer students to internal and external resources that enhance their education as
- Identify other experiences that will enhance their life, educational, and cultural
- Facilitate advisement services during select times to best meet student needs
- Assist students who want to change majors
- Act as liaison between faculty and administrative offices regarding advisement issues
- Evaluate their progress toward degree completion while acknowledging career and life
- Take a lead role in Accepted Student Day and Student Orientation Academic Advising
Questions or concerns can be directed to email@example.com
, or you can contact one of the Advisement Team members listed below.