Apply // HEERF // Careers at Cobleskill

Student Health Insurance

While attending SUNY Cobleskill, you must maintain personal health insurance coverage. 

Beginning in the Fall 2022 semester, SUNY Cobleskill will no longer be offering a student health insurance plan through United Health Care. 

What You Need to Know 

Because you may need to be referred off campus to providers for services beyond what is available on campus, students need to ensure that they have adequate health insurance coverage. Students should check with their current carrier to verify that they are covered in the surrounding localities of SUNY Cobleskill.   

You will want your coverage to extend beyond the emergency room services of our local hospital (Cobleskill Regional Hospital) and allow for covered services of specialty and comprehensive care locally.  We are not a participating provider with any insurance company, and your insurance company may not reimburse you for services provided at the Wellness Center.  

All students are charged the mandatory SUNY Wellness fee and may use the Wellness Center’s services. This fee is not an insurance charge but instead covers most services that are provided at the Wellness Center. There are a limited number of fees associated with some services provided by the Wellness Center that may be found at https://www.cobleskill.edu/campus-life/wellness-center/fees-wellness-center.aspx.  Your health insurance plan should cover services that are provided outside of the Wellness Center, such as laboratory and radiology tests, physical therapy, and visits to physicians, hospitals, and other providers. 

SUNY Cobleskill is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the payment of any claim for health-related services provided to individuals covered under their personal insurance policy. SUNY Cobleskill is not responsible for financial health care costs incurred by students that are not covered by their personal insurance policy. 

Obtaining Student Health Insurance 

Low cost, quality health insurance is available through the New York State of Health Individual Marketplace for those students in need of health insurance. Navigators (or In-Person Assistors) can provide personal enrollment assistance to students who would like help applying for health insurance through the New York State of Health Individual Marketplace.  To learn more, visit nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call 1-855-355-5777.

Catskill Center for Independence Navigators.

Debbie Martin & Joda Kearney.
Additionally, Robin Zimmerman, a Schoharie County Health Benefit Representative, has served as a liaison with our students to help secure health care coverage.

PDF  Robin Zimmermann's contact information