If you plan to take courses over the summer, you may be eligible to receive financial
aid to offset the costs. However, financial aid programs for the summer are limited
- Federal Direct Loans
- Alternative loans
- Federal Pell Grant
- NYS TAP
For more information on the above types of aid, please click here.
If you want to be considered for summer financial aid, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled in a degree-granting program at SUNY Cobleskill and enrolling
in summer courses that work toward your degree
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Apply before the Summer Financial Aid Application deadline (this date will be displayed
on the Financial Aid home page)
- In addition, you must resolve any financial obligations to the College before completing
a summer financial aid application
Please note that we must evaluate your SAP after the summer term regardless of the
number of credits attempted. If you received a Financial Aid Warning after the Spring
semester you should contact the Financial Aid office to discuss how a summer course
will impact your aid eligibility.
Applying for Summer Aid
To apply for Summer 2019 financial aid, you must:
- File the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov and the NYS Tap Application at www.tapweb.org
- Complete and sign the SUNY Cobleskill Summer Financial Aid Application form
- If your FAFSA was selected for verification, you will need to submit any requested
- All required documents must be received by the Financial Aid Office or your request
for summer aid cannot be processed.
Summer Aid FACTS
- At SUNY Cobleskill, the summer term starts the academic year
- Loan disbursements require the student to be enrolled in at least 6 credits
- Your annual loan eligibility will be divided by the number of semesters you plan to
attend; if you attend summer, fall and spring, you can receive up to 1/3 of eligible
loan amount in the summer
- Using aid in the summer may reduce your eligibility for aid in the fall and spring
- Summer financial aid is only available to assist students with tuition and living
expenses for the weeks students are enrolled.
- Notifications regarding summer financial aid will be sent to your Cobleskill email
- To be considered for a summer TAP grant the student must have been enrolled full-time
in the prior spring term and earned 24 credits in the prior two terms from the school
where they are matriculated.
It is recommended that students consult with a representative in the Financial Aid
Office regarding their Summer Aid questions and planning.